June 6, 2012

Favorite - Artist/Singer

(c) Elisabeth
Why didn't I choose easier topics! Some where I could just put out the answer without any additional fuzz? Well, I wrote the topics and I picked them out of the jar, so I only have myself to blame...

Only just starting to write, I realize I've got a problem... I almost only listen to bands. And they are not exactly included in this topic. They have their own topic that hasn't been picked yet. Which means I will be consentrating on independent singers.

So let's start with Taylor Swift. I like her playful sound and truly nice and cosy music... Perfect for tidying my room or other things you need happy background-music to do! My best friend and I actually went to a concert with her in Oslo, Norway's capital. It was awesome! The things that keeps her from the top spot is that her lyrics are often not too deep and reflecting, and a lot of her songs have the same sound...

I also have to mention Jessie J. She's got such an amazing voice it's almost breathtaking! And I like both her personality, sound and lyrics. She seem so real...

But my top spot will have to go to Demi Lovato.

What? Her? She's from Disney! Seriously, grow up!
Well, let me explain. I'm not talking about the first part of her singing-career. That's all Disney-stuff. I'm talking about her recent work...

In July 2011 she suddenly published a music video titeled Skyscraper. It came out just after she had completed a rehabilitation-program for anorexia. She had had problems with eating and weight as a result of bullying at a young age. Skyscraper marked her comeback, and what a song!


First time I heard it I literally had to cry. And when I'm alone, I still do...It was so raw and so real that I just knew she was singing straight from her heart. And the lyrics, I mean, just wow. What can I say?


After this her newest album, Unbroken, was released. I love all the songs. Like I said, both they and she feels real, not just made for the money. She sings like a godess and her personal story of how she was beaten down and managed to get herself back up is a true inspiration for all kinds of people around the world...

*Correction!!!


I totally forgot about Christina Grimmie! She's got to be even above Demi Lovato... She's a youtuber I started following a couple of years ago. When she started she covered famous songs, and now she's published a CD and goes on tour both on her own and together with Selena Gomez. I just LOVE her voice! Absolutly everything she sings is mere perfection... Check her out <3