June 6, 2012

Favorite - Movie Trailer

(c) Elisabeth
Every time a new and exciting movie is out that I believe my mom would like, I want to show her the trailer for it so that she will ges as excited as I am. Problem is: She can't stand watching trailers! She says they're annoying and noisy and make her loose interest at once! I believe not very many shares her opinion...

Nowadays, a really good trailer is one of the key factors to make a true blockbuster. Very often, almost too often, the trailer decides which film gets the views... But what is a good trailer?

I'm no expert, but for me, a good trailer shows the main characters, the setting, the mood and gives clues as to what the plot really is. And it all depends on the music choice! However, the trailer must NOT show too much! I've seen trailers where afterwords, when the trailer ended, I was like: "Well, at least now I don't have to watch the movie." Some think it's important to show everything, but the clue is to show enough to get people excited, but not to spoil the plot or the great punchlines and such.

As you will see from my list, the best trailers are for some of the greatest movies ever made. That's no coincidence! They know that it's money well spent...


After watching the teaser I read all the books. While watching this I litteraly sat with my mouth open and teares in my eyes... Everything was so perfect! It's the first time I have expirienced that everything and everyone in a movie was exactly as I had pictured it in my head while reading the book!


This one is just so funny I had to mention it! I laughed so hard despite the clearly childish humor. I mean, I've got really bad humor! I loved the trailer and the movie is just as funny <3


This trailer is just magical... I had read this book too, and when I learned it was going to be a movie I was very sceptical. How could they possible do it justice? The trailer proved me wrong! Robert Pattinson was Jacob (the main character) from the moment I saw him. A lot of Twilight-haters might just fint out what a brilliant actor he truly is...

But now we have to move over to the tryly epic trailers...


This is the finally. The conclusion the entire world was waiting for. Me included! I had read all the books twice, and they are truly epic. Hence the final movie had to be so too... This trailer proved to me, and the world, why we love Harry Potter and why we are willing to run to the theaters to se film number eight! I saw the midnight premiere dressed as Bellatrix Lestrange. A memory for life...

BUT...

Christopher Nolan... The man is unparaleled at what he does. 



I remember seeing this one day I went to the movie theater, and I just went: "This movie will be great!" It did. And this is simply the perfect way to build up a trailer. And I promise, the BOOM, BOOM-part of the trailer shacked the entire movie theater! The music, by Hans Zimmer by the way, is so fantastic I'd want to watch the movie just after hearing that...



Back in 2003 with the beginning of a new dawn for Batman. A lot of others had brought him to the big screen, but this was a whole new take to the story. In this first trailer Nolan had to prove to the world that his way worked. And so he did!


His next movie became the biggest sucsessing sequel the world had ever seen. It's simplu one of the best films made... And in this trailer we get introduced to the character all comic-fans were waiting for: The Joker! And he did it with style!


But the winner is his most recent work... 


I'd seen the teaser and the two previous trailers. As you have probably guessed, I'm a Batman-fan. But nothing had prepared me for the true heart and rush of emotions brought by this specific trailer! It was so quiet. So real, and filled with a mixture of hope and despear that gripped me and never let me go untill the screen went dark. This is Batman. Not explotions, big guns, car chases and such. But a city in desperate need of a saviour, and a hero in desperately needs to figure out that he is their answer. But to do that he needs to find out exctly who and what Batman truly is, and here is where it'll get interesting... We can all find out July 20th. Others who simply can't wait?

*Added
Check out Elisabeth's answer at Drops Of Art!