February 27, 2013

Zero Dark Thirty (2013) - Review


When: February 18th
What format did I watch: Cinema

Review: So much better than I expected! I wasn't actually planning to go see it, at least not at the cinema, but some of my friends invited me to come along. I'm glad I did. I'll probably not watch it again though... It being a documentary-style movie and all. But having lived through all of these events it was interesting to get an in-depth look at what was actually going on at the heart of things.

Drawbacks? The film was a tad too long for my taste, but never boring though.

Why you should watch it: 
Jessica Chastain's portrait of Maya, the woman who devoted all her time and a large part of her life to hunt down Bin Laden. Her acting is an absolute delight to watch as she carries the entire movie on her shoulders.

Rating: 7/10 - COOL