October 19, 2012

The Eleven Best Movies Coming Our Way

Another Pirates of the Caribbean-movie! Seriously? Can't they pleas stop before they ruin everything...

I LOVE the three original Pirates movies. Shares the top shelve for trilogies together with Nolan's Batman movies. But the fourth Pirates movie was a disappointment... Without Gore Verbinski and more than half of the original cast it's simply impossible to top their game. Stop while you can so you don't ruin Pirates' reputation more that you've already done.

That being said, there are quite a lot of films I'm really looking forward to!

There has actually not been that many films that has sparked my interrest, but that's about to change... Some of these movies I've waited for for years (like The Hobbit) and some I simply discovered while writing this blog post. To keep the list from being never-ending, I managed to narrow the list down to only eleven...

(Note: all release dates are for Norway)


The Perks of Being a Wallflower (November 9th)

Why: I've heard about the book, and when I learned Emma Watson was going to starr I had to check out the trailer. It blew me away, an I know I just have to see it! Such an adorable and honest story of misfit and misunderstood teenagers.

Who: Emma Watson, Logan Lerman and Ezra Miller




Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2 (November 16th)

Why: Well... I have read all the books, so I sort of have to se the conclution to it all. However, the movies are not as good as the books. For this last one I even know they changed the ending quite drastically. But I think I'll se it anyway, just because it's the last and because Robert and Kirsten are great actors.

Who: Robert Pattinson, Kirsten Steward, Taylor Lautner, Dakota Fanning and Stephenie Meyer.



The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey (December 12th)

Why: Lord of the Rings are epic! Everybody knows that, even if they have neither seen or read it. Unfortunately I was only seven years old when the movies came to cinemas all over the world. Now it's about to happen again. We get to see how it all started. The Hobbit is a lot more funny story, and I can't wait to actually be able to be a part of it this time! Me and my sister has got tickets to the midnight premiere, so bring on December, pleas :)

Who: Martin Freeman, Ian McKellen, Andy Serkis, Peter Jackson, Howard Shore, Benedict Cumberbatch, Elijah Wood, Christopher Lee, and a whole lot more!

Life of Pi (December 25th)

Why: I heard it on audiobook many years ago. All I remember was that it was totally wired and absurd, but it was also quite amazing. Such a special story I actually don't know how they will manage to tell on screen... But I hope they do. I hope its great!

Who: Ang Lee and Suraj Sharma




Silver Linings Playbook (January 4th 2013)

Why: Seriously? Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence in the same movie? I loved it before I even read the title! And when I saw the trailer I instantly knew this is going to be one of my movie highlights... If you, like me, loved the 1993 Benny and Joon, you just have to see this.

Who: Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence and Robert De Niro




Rust And Bone (January 11th 2013)

Why: I have no idea. I literally discovered this while writhing this post. It's even french! I normally can't stand french movies. But this trailer... It just drew me in, and now I just know that I'll have to see the movie. It actually looks great.

Who: Jacques Audiard, Marion Cotillard and Matthias Schoenaerts





Les Misérables (January 18th 2013)

Why: Epic. That's what this is. The story, the actors, the music... everything. The trailer is one of the most breathtaking things I've seen, and I just know that this is going to be big.

Who: Anne Hathaway, Hugh Jackman, Russel Crowe, Helena Bonham Carter, Amanda Seyfried, Sacha Baron Cohen and Tom Hooper




Anna Karenina (February 22nd 2013)

Why: I've always wondered what it is about this Tolstoy-guy that has fazcinated generations... Finally I'll get an opportunity to find out.

Who: Keira Knightly, Jude Law, Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Joe Wright






The Great Gatsby (June 7th 2013)

Why: I've seen the old one. I didn't understand a thing... That's the thing about this story, it's not really about what it seems to be all about. That much I understood. I hope I get it this time. This is the 21st centurie's Gatsby... An old tale in a new dress (or suit).

Who: Leonardo DiCaprio, Carey Mulligan, Tobey Maguire and Baz Luhrmann




Man of Steel (June 14th 2013)

Why: One reason - Christopher Nolan. Anything that man touches literally becomes gold. He's my favorite director/writher/producer of all time, and I just have to see what he's done with this one. I'm not a fan of Superman, but the trailer looks promising...

Who: Christopher Nolan, Henry Cavill, Amy Adams and Russel Crowe




The Lone Ranger (July 3rd 2013)

Why: With a cast and crew like this one, the film could be rubbish and I'd still watch it! Mr Blockbuster himself (Bruckheimer) managed to unite the world's best actor (Depp), two brilliant scriptwriters (Elliott and Rossio), a fantastic director (Verbinski) and the ever-present Depp-sidekick (Bonham-Carter). This just has to be good!

Who: Johnny Depp, Jerry Bruckheimer, Gore Verbinski, Helena Bonham-Carter, and Armie Hammer


Anything tempting? :)